- Always use the description field to describe the best use of a template
- Label templates appropriately
- Make a "General Use" templates to cut down on numerous duplicate templates.
- Include date created in description
- Connect all devices before creating template.
- Unless necessary encode all video sources using the same profile
- Choose a resolution equal or less than the settings of the video source.
- Try to limit the use of OCR to slide presentations. This feature is not reliable with other presentations types
- Run through your presentation to get the correct SCD threshold.
- If unable to run through presentation set the threshold low so that you get more slides than are needed. That way you can just delete the unneeded slides later.
- Use a minimalist approach to presentations. If it doesn't need to be there then leave it out.
- Test each template after creation and before capture. A test only takes 10 seconds
- You will be unable to delete a template if the template is being used in a future/current capture. There are two ways to solve this.
- Delete all captures using that template.
- Change all the captures using that template to another template first.
- Keep it Clean. Delete Unnecessary Captures for quick viewing and management
- Try not to view videos while a capture is in progress. Due to the simultaneous encoding a lot of system resources are used for capturing so captures may seem lower in quality temporarily.
- The quality is higher when viewed off the unit than on. You can download the videos to view them for quality assurance.
- As with templates try to name your capture appropriately
- Give yourself as much time between each capture as possible. Although the Cattura Capture Cast Pro can be ready for a capture 1 min after the previous capture ended. Getting ready for the next capture may need more than 1 min to set up.
- Approval waiting is a great way to QA your captures before publishing.
- Plan ahead. Nothing is lost if you prepare the captures days, weeks or even months ahead of time. Deleting a capture is much easier than rushing to start a capture.
- Enable the Auto Purge option if possible. This will cut down storage space and work time automatically
- Enable HTML 5 Playback. when using compatible browsers. This is a much smoother and higher quality than the default Flash player.
- Name your CaptureCase ProTM Unit
- Leave Training mode on. You never know when someone who hasn't been trained will start to use the unit.
- If your having a problem let us know. Create a ticket in zendesk, call or email.