- When logging into the Cattura CaptureCastTM Pro, be sure to use a HTML5 enabled browser such as Google Chrome. You can use a non-HTML5 browser but if you do go to settings→ video and deselect the HTML5 option.
- At the very top of each page on the interface, you will find menu buttons that will allow you to navigate the interface quickly.\
- With the newest version of the Cattura interface, each page is now dynamic. This means that the interface display will change depending on the size of the window. This means that shifting the size of the interface will change the position of certain tools and options. If a tool seems to be missing, please check the entire page before reporting possible issues.
- To maintain usability there are size restrictions on certain features in the UI. Everything should be accessible in fullscreen mode.
- If the page is being viewed in a window ¼ the original screen size, the menu buttons will be located under a button at the top right of the screen.
Check this link for what you should have included with your unit.
Items you need:
- 1 x Computer Monitor
- 1 x Keyboard
- 1 x Mouse
- 1 x Ethernet cable
- Plug in the power cord in the far left power slot on the back panel of the CaptureCastTM Pro
- Connect all Audio/Video cables to their respective ports. Then secure connection of these cables shouldn’t take much force. Please check that the cables are correctly aligned if you are having trouble.
- Connect the Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet Cable, and Computer Monitor to the appropriate ports
- Press the circular power button on the front until the Blue/Magenta LED light turns on.
- Once the operating system has loaded, log into the "Cattura Customer" account using the credentials given to you in your CaptureCastTM Pro packaging.
- Start up the terminal. The terminal can be located on the dash on the left hand side, or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T. Type “ifconfig” into the prompt without the quotations. This will bring up the internet settings for your CaptureCastTM Pro. The IP address you're looking for should look something like this: “inet addr:XXX.XXX.X.XXX” where the X’s are digits.This IP address will be the way you log on to your unit via the internet. If you want, you can also log in locally through the address 127.0.0.1 in the Chrome browser. This address does not use the internet and is only accessible when you are on the Cattura unit itself.
By Default the internet settings are set to DHCP. If you'd like to select your own or create a static IP Address, there are many helpful guides online that can help you
7. Now, using Google Chrome, click on the bookmark at the top labeled "CWI" or “CWS” This is the Cattura Web Interface. If you do not have this bookmarked you can connect to the CWI using the loop back address 127.0.0.1 placed in the address bar of Chrome. What should appear is your CaptureCastTM Pro Login Screen. For both Username and Password the default is guest.
It is highly recommended after logging in to go directly to the User Management tab (under Settings) and change your Username and Password.
8. Whenever you need to capture a lecture or change the settings, place the IP address of a particular unit into the address bar (on any computer) and hit enter. As long as the CaptureCastTM Pro is connected to the internet and you have access to the network it is on , you will be able to login and use the CaptureCastTM Pro from anywhere.
9.Finally, the ports used by our techs are 80 and 22. Cattura support may ask you to open those ports to us should you need assistance or an update. If this is not acceptable due to a firewall or Standard Operating Procedure, please notify us so we can devise a way to best send you updates and support.